Up@dawn 2.0 (blogger)

Delight Springs

Saturday, June 26, 2021

No place

 LISTEN. Like the children in his novel The Brothers K, David James Duncan "was raised in the Seventh-day Adventist faith. 'I knew I was going to take on the fundamentalist upbringing. It feels natural to me to waffle between extreme reverence and extreme irreverence -- and nothing makes me feel less reverent than a church.'" nyt

But what of the Church of Baseball?

Like the late commissioner and Renaissance scholar A. Bartlett Giamatti, nothing makes me feel more reverent than a green field of the mind... (continues)
==

The speed of my recovery so far is apparently above-average, although I did have to pop a power-pill this morning at 4.

I'm reminded that there will be good days and not-so-good, on the way back to full ambulatory freedom. And apparently it'll be longer still 'til I can resume pedaling. Articles like this one in the Times ("Not All Cyclists Wear Lycra") make me itch, literally, to get my Raleigh back on the open road. Patience has never been my prime virtue. One more thing to work on... (continues)

No comments:

Post a Comment