[Recording at Substack]
Students don't seem to read as much as they used to, or maybe it's just that they've lost the knack and patience for long-form texts in the face of so much distraction from the unceasing fire-hose of short texts and videos, and games, and social media threads, and so on and on.
That perception has led me and many of my colleagues to make fewer and shorter reading assignments. I've tried to compensate for the loss by adding more and more RECOMMENDED texts, with a promise of reward in the form of exam bonus questions drawn from those non-required readings. I may be fooling myself, but at least it appeases my conscience to offer a traditional reading buffet to those who might wish to partake.
So here's the list of RECOMMENDED TEXTS I've placed on reserve for check-out at our school library... (continues)
No comments:
Post a Comment