(Successor site to CoPhilosophy, 2011-2020)
A collaborative search for wisdom, at Middle Tennessee State University and beyond... "The pluralistic form takes for me a stronger hold on reality than any other philosophy I know of, being essentially a social philosophy, a philosophy of 'co'"-William James
I feel like this article, while interesting, doesn't account for economic reasons for the difficulty of forming relationships. If I want to take someone on a date, what do I do? I could go see a movie with them, but then I'm putting $60 on the line for a movie that might suck and a relationship that might never exist. I could take them out for dinner, but if we wanted to go somewhere nice, same problem. I feel like if we can ever curb inflation and raise the minimum wage, the issue will start to solve itself.
How about a walk in the park or on the greenway, and a quiet conversation over a picnic lunch? A trip to the free Tennessee State Museum and Farmers Market, and a stroll on the Bicentennial Mall? Who says a date requires a ticket?
Reading that article hurt my eyes. They wrote "__maxxing" entirely too many times.
ReplyDeleteI would say that it's accurate to a degree, though
I feel like this article, while interesting, doesn't account for economic reasons for the difficulty of forming relationships. If I want to take someone on a date, what do I do? I could go see a movie with them, but then I'm putting $60 on the line for a movie that might suck and a relationship that might never exist. I could take them out for dinner, but if we wanted to go somewhere nice, same problem. I feel like if we can ever curb inflation and raise the minimum wage, the issue will start to solve itself.
ReplyDeleteHow about a walk in the park or on the greenway, and a quiet conversation over a picnic lunch? A trip to the free Tennessee State Museum and Farmers Market, and a stroll on the Bicentennial Mall? Who says a date requires a ticket?
Delete