Up@dawn 2.0 (blogger)

Delight Springs

Friday, September 18, 2026

The Awesome and Alarming A.I. Visions of Anthropic’s C.E.O.

For lack of a better word?!

“… There’s no question that Dr. Amodei is being sincere. In “Machines of Loving Grace,” he wants people to join the cause because the results, even in the short term, will be so excellent. A.I. over the next couple of years, he wrote, will be like having “a country of geniuses in a datacenter.”  

With A.I., Dr. Amodei added, our bodies for the first time will become entirely malleable. Freedom from disease is merely the start. There’s also biological freedom. This, he said, is: 

“the idea that everyone should be empowered to choose what they want to become and live their lives in the way that most appeals to them.”

In essence, A.I. will allow you to sculpt yourself into something else — to become, for lack of a better word, hot.

For instance, A.I.-accelerated biology will allow control over weight, physical appearance, reproduction and other biological processes, he wrote. Personalities will become tractable too. Diseases like PTSD, depression, schizophrenia and addiction will be effectively treated for the first time…” 

https://www.nytimes.com/2026/09/17/technology/dario-amodei-anthropic-essays-ai.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

No comments:

Post a Comment